Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Risks

My first day here I was warned like a child that would eat too many candy bars about the dangers of street food.  They were right I have been eating empanads like a child with a life time supply of Pixy Stix.  

If a street vendor makes someone sick they remember and do not go back.  If the cart, trailer, tent or truck is consistently packed and there are fat old ladies cooking game on.  Old men grilling meat and drinking count me in.  I have speckled my fair share of toilets or holes in the ground with a microbial rodeo of giardia, bacterial and viral gastrointestinal infections.  Have I learned my lesson? No.  Making the rounds at markets, street vendors and every empanada stand I remotely stumble into.  Do I smell grilling meat?  Better head that way.  Not hungry but wow there is a cheese truck driven by an Italian couple of course I need cheese for dinner.  I have yet to get sick but it is only a matter of time till I am on the rapid weight loss plan, till then I will continue to bulk up to get ready.  

No comments: