Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oceanfront Property in Oklahoma

A ride linking sections of the OzarkTrail while camping has been on my radar for a bit.  This weekend's weather tried its best to foil the plans with snow and cold weather.  However, Mashor could have sold me oceanfront property in Oklahoma after he said the key words "Ozark trails all day".  I never really heard much of the conversation after that and mentally started packing my gear.
Mashor, Brian and I rolled out with pines groaning under the weight of a fresh late spring snow.  The air was crisp and our spirits high with adventure.  The day melted away and trail passed by.  It was relaxing to just ride, check out the few dogwoods and random flowers peaking out from the snow and fall leaves.  

Nothing like getting away from my cell phone, Facebook and internets to be that bush roaming mammal I was meant to be.  Perfect day of riding topped off with camping.  
The next morning greeted us with more fresh snow but strangely the trails were drier than the day before.  We rolled back to the cars on mostly gravel with less than five cars sighted throughout the day.

The previous days ride almost turned into an ESJ ride and prodded me to declare Jihad at Cousin's Outpost on all snacks.
 
On rides I find myself eating the strangest mix of foods.  This time it was flashback Jihad with a salami and cheese (not a specific kind of cheese mind you, just cheese) sandwich with yellow mustard on stale white bread, a 24oz. Mountain Dew, an ice-cream Snickers and splitting a bag of Uncle Rays BBQ potato chips with Mashor.  This was my typical lunch for K-6 and day two of our trip.  Funny how this fueled me, now slightly larger than in the 6th grade, for several more hours on the bike, the drive home and 3 episodes of the X-files.  No wonder I was hyper active.


I have seen some weird shit in the Ozarks but what has been seen cannot be unseen.  Ray might have something to do with this.
 

 
 

1 comment:

evenslower said...

Very cool stuff. I'm jealous. Seems like a great trip.