Thursday, January 2, 2014

When you get what you want...


I have dreamed of living in a big city since I was inspired by my first issue of Thrasher in June 1986.  A close group of high school friends moved to SF and had adventures while I took the safe route of going to college.  That nagging desire to live in a city tugged at my soul.  Finally I got my chance to live in a big city.  The museums, music, stumbling upon a new neighborhood or food cart daily is amazing.  The elbow to elbow constant stream of people not recognizing you as another human crushes my soul.
I can check living in a big city off my list of aspirations and feel comfortable visiting them in short bits for the rest of my life.  I enjoyed my time and learned a shit load about myself and humanity. We all come from different worlds and experiences but share this one.

No comments: