Monday, June 3, 2013

Gone riding and my liver hurts.

 
Loaded up the Ecamper and headed west for what most folks call a race but for me is a ride with my closest 350 dirt biking friends.  The Gunnison Growler was the events which consisted of a 32 and 64 mile races over two days.  I figured with that much driving why not ride both.  Once we arrived this sound idea was met with lots of skepticism and raised eyebrows.  I finished the first day and the trails were awesome (as illustrated by Best flossing a classic section) and was ready for more.  The doubt started to creep in my little pea brain but it helped because I paced myself on day two and finished and still wanted to ride more. 
 
Rather than riding we drifted to Ouray to do a little walking/backpacking and of course there was snow and a brewery or two.
Then over to Salida to sample their trails and visit the distillery.  Which makes a mighty fine gin based on my recollection of the last time I had gin in the 9th grade. 



On our way back across Kansas finally got a chance to ride Wilson Lake.  Pretty awesome but all the turning wore out my headset.

No comments: