Friday, April 19, 2013

Rolling about after ringing a bell.

There is only one other time in my life where I have fallen and not been able to control my fall.  I landed in the ER after locking up on a frontside air (this was a famous backside by Miller and mine was frontside but you get the picture) and whacking my head.  This past weekend I was about 3 hours into a 6 hour race (really a ride for old farts like me who have not business racin) and was confused to which way to roll on the trail.  I decided to sit on the trail for awhile and fellow racers rolled by and asked if I was OK.  I was and walked my dazed head out of the woods.  Bummed because this is the 4th race in over 20 years of bike racing that I have not finished.  Ouch.  It was the right choice but it still stung.  Digging for answers of why it happened has me thinking that my reflexes are slowing, I suck at bike riding, I was dehydrated and not paying attention or it was just time for my number to come up.  Just for confirmation I do have a chew in. 

No comments: