Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hanging out with Acetaminophen...

Hanging out with acetaminophen, dextromethorphan HBr and doxylamine succinate. Ignored the signs as the week progressed: work, ride, get caught in the rain while riding and repeat. Then wham, it caught me on Friday. I fled work early and hid under a blanket. Soldiered through work Saturday with a box of tissues in hand but retreated mid-afternoon to the blanket and fading in and out. Saturday night dozed off for good at 9:30 p.m. and slept to 10:30 a.m. on Sunday (not adjusted for day light savings). Twelve-plus hours -- that never happens. Last time I slept that much was over 10 years ago when I had dengue in Guatemala in this little house.
Then my temperature was well over 101F for several days. I shivered in my down sleeping bag in a tin-roofed hut in 105F heat, and my bones felt like they were breaking. My neighbors took care of me with crazy drinks from local herbs and fruits. Currently my head hurts too much to read, I'm too dizzy to do anything that requires focus, and sleep is my only comfort. Upon convalescence I will be starting this program to get rolling again.

3 comments:

Heavy D said...

Crapola...my secret training regiment is out!!!

David Henderson said...

Get well soon. One silver lining of being sick is that you really appreciate good health when it returns! (and it happily will)

S. Smith said...

Yikes, my sister and her family had the same thing. Nasty stuff. Feel better soon.