Friday, March 21, 2008

Searching for Chin

My dad got the name Chin because, like Animal Chin, he was always searching for fun and had a mystical power that seemed to enable him to know when my friends and I were up to no good. I said good-bye to Chin this week and will always be seeking to follow in his righteous path. He was a great dad in every sense. For example, when I was a teenager and had snuck out to meet some no-good girl, he laid a trap. Upon trying to sneak back into the house, all the furniture was rearranged, leaving me stumbling into stacks of canned food. Reaching my bed, I found it full of canned food and chains. At this time, I had a small cot crammed into my closet for chillin. When I crawled safely into bed and thought the coast was clear, I heard my dad laughing in the closet from where he had been sleeping on the cot. So, if you see me dogfaced and teary eyed, this loss is why.

So as not to end on a total bummer note, yesterday we were looking at caskets. It was a strange experience to say the least. The most confounding part was a casket for the ultimate Tiger Pride Fan. It was black and gold emblazened with the Mizzou symbol. There were little Tiger pride golf and footballs decorating the casket. For tailgatin' with Jesus!

5 comments:

Melody! said...

I always thought him to be a very nice guy with a wonderful sense of humor.
Let's get down to AR and ride.

Anonymous said...

You're well on your way to following in his footsteps. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Stay strong...Cale

Butthead said...

Hang in there.

S. Smith said...

Nathan, I'm so sorry man. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Hogan said...

sorry for your loss, head up young man